Our Major Commemorations
Salute to Servicewomen
Annual Quiet Time and wreath laying at The Servicewomen’s Memorial, Lions Remembrance Park.
We remember Association members who passed away in the previous year by reading their names and service details.
Annual Anzac Girls Luncheon
Our annual luncheon just prior to Anzac Day where we honour the service and contribution of servicewomen.
We select a theme each year for this luncheon which forms the basis of a commemorative address.
Anzac Day March
& War Nurses Service
We proudly march behind our Association banner in the Bundaberg City March. All women veterans are welcome to join us.
- The veterans section of the parade assembles in Targo Street, south of Bourbong Street
- Assemble from 0800 hrs
- March off 0830 hrs
- City Service held in Anzac Park at end of the March
We conduct the Anzac Day Service for War Nurses at War Nurses Memorial Park, Cnr Bourbong and Takalvan Streets.
- Service commences at the conclusion of the City Service
- Start time is approximately 1015 hrs
We attend annual Services including:
- Rats of Tobruk
- Mulgrave Lodge Pre- Anzac
- Vietnam Veterans Day
- RAAF Station Bundaberg
- Remembrance Day
We mark significant anniversaries at The Lodge when dates coincide with meeting days or other activities.
We raise the Australian National Flag when we are ‘in residence’ at The Lodge.
We mark major anniversaries where Servicewomen have served with Special Services at either:
- War Nurses Memorial Park or at
- The Servicewomen’s Memorial, located in Lions Remembrance Park
Significant Anniversaries Calendar for 2024
110th Anniversary – Start of World War One
30th Anniversary – End of the UN Mission in Somalia (Peacemaking)